Find comfort any time of the year with this fiber-rich soup packed with protein and great source of iron.
- 1/4 cup dried lentils soaked in water overnight
- 1.5 cups no salt added chicken broth
- 1/4 cup carrots diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup tomato diced
- 1 small garlic clove grated
- 1/4 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seed ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- For best results soak lentil overnight in a pot filled with water. Rinse and drain before using.
- In a medium pot heat oil add in celery, carrots, tomatoes, celery, and onions. Cook for 2-5 mins.
- Add garlic, salt, ground cumin and coriander. Cook for 1 minute. Add in broth and lentils and cook for 20-30 mins on medium-low heat.
- When lentils are cooked through turn off heat and add kale, dill, and parsley.
- Serve with lemon juice (optional).
Calories: 361kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 23gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 759mgPotassium: 1283mgFiber: 19gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 9178IUVitamin C: 49mgCalcium: 193mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!